Friday, May 15, 2009

Stream of Consciousness

I left office around 7.30 pm today, call it once in a blue moon since I joined this PSU jab. I should be grateful to God for letting me to see sunrise and sunset unlike during my previous jobs. I have admitted this while talking to my close buddies. The buttomline of our discussion would be : Quality of life and quality of job can't stay together!! Sounds like lifted from DN's classroom!!
(DN or Dilip Naik, currently a CIEFL professor, was my favourite teacher during Vanivihar days for his memorable oneliners. Talk to DN for 20 minutes and you will have 20 quotable quotes for your next 20 days, that's DN!!)
Anyway, by 7.30 I didn't even realise the time. I remember the days when I used to walk, run, skip breakfast, travel length and breadth of Hyderabad for a byline and work from 11 am till 3 pm and get stuck in the office for another half-an-hour because of a peculiar phenomenon called Pranesh Dey.
Back from office, I was having a chat with a colleague. He was anxious about our new boss who happens to work from 8 am till 11 pm, again quite unusual in a PSU environment. "Where he gets the kick," he was probably asking. And I had enough to smile, believe me from my stomach. The "passion" factor that our current boss boasts of again and again infact had a secret taker in me who has seen RK in the prime of his career. You a need an RK to look up to in your organisation when recession is the buzz all around!!
Tomorrow is counting day. I feel like a great occasion in my family. I am not sure if I would be happy to this extent while getting married!!

1 comment:

  1. Heya! loved this one. Got reminded of TOI days. Not sure whether to nostalgic or happy that those really really long days are gone.

    ReplyDelete

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...