Friday, March 13, 2009

RK

It was such a frustrating day...I wud often feel why I joined a PSU at all!! You know, things happen in such a fashion that It Hurts!! U are surrounded by some parasites, stoic bosses who are more sinned against than sinning!!
Here, RK comes to my mind. The phenomenon, or the aura, called Ram Karan of my Times days. People used to say that if they were working in TOI,Hyderabad, it was because of RK. I have never spoken one line freely with RK though I used to sit beside his cabin with great courage. People who know RK can only understand this.
However, I have shared an email with RK that I think nobody would have done during their stint at Times House. Here is the email:
(Me: “Respected Sir, Yesterday I resigned from TOI. I am joining a Mumbai-based MNC called Dun & Bradstreet as an Analyst, Economic Analysis Group. It is an inner call to let you know about this development since you who recruited me in spite of everything. And to be frank, it would not have been that easier to leave if you were sitting beside.
I am scared of three people in my life. One, my father and the other is my school teacher. I am not scared of them anymore. But even at 26, I am scared of the RK in you. It gives me a feeling that I know nothing but there is somebody in front me from whom I can learn, learn and only learn. I need your blessings, Sir. Thanks & Regards, Ashutosh.”
RK: “Dear Ashutosh, I was so happy to receive your letter. And I assureyou that what you are doing is the right thing. I've always believed that it is the quiet guys who learn faster. I've always admired your quiet determination at the work place and I respect people with such an attitude. I am sure you will do very well in your new assignment. Please do keep in touch. Rk”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...