Monday, August 10, 2009

Remembering Something

For the past of couple of days, I am using my blanket while on bed. It is really a soothing experience to wake up from your slumber even while your tender blanket caressing your body. As a kid, I used to have negotiations with my brother for similar stuff. Then the condition for me would be not to alter my sleeping direction, i.e. not to put my legs on the face of my bro sleeping beside me, that I used to commit every night without fail.
Today, when I look back, I realise to have developed a peculiar symptom in place of that with regard to my sleeping ettequete, that I can't share my bed and nothing should touch me even while I am asleep. May be, that's one of the reasons why I hesitate going to my relatives.
However, I still miss my "rajai" (the soft blanket) provided by my parents when I left home after Class IX. I moved on in my life, changed places along with all the necessary stuff provided by my parents at that juncture. As a process, the "rajai" also landed in Mumbai along with me.
Last heard, it was with my one-time roomie who is now in Mumbai and was a victim of Mumbai's 26/11. That "rajai" was the only stuff that I didn't destroy even after 15th August 2004.
Those who have shared room with me at different stages of my life know the saga of this famous winter-wear. It was more a kind of emotional attachment to me. I remember to have given it a nice cotton-cover when I was in Hyderabad. I used to love its colour. It used to give me a feeling of eternity, a sensual obsession at times. Of late, it graduated from just an winter-wear to a daily requirement on bed. Then, Ashu minus its rajai was a sort of orphan, remember my fellow beings who were in the know of things. It has seen the evolution of a scared Ashutosh of Class X, the young aggressive struggling journalist, the shy ashu, the cool dude analyst, and the confident young man on the block. I have laughed and wept under it many times that my fellow beings might not have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...