Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Favourite Politician

He is a poet politician. The lover and the lunatic. The man who defined Rajdharma in Coalition Politics. I adore Atalji much more than his erstwhile party men. I would love him so much that I had his famous poems written in front of my study table. I would keep watching his political speeches live on TV. They had an honesty. Even I had an opportunity to attend one of his rallies. I loved him as a sensible young man. I would hear his complete Independence Day address from Lalkilla with rapt attention. Even today, at times, I love to remember his loving poems. They offer some solace, if not solution.

Na haar mein, Na jeet mein, Kinchit nahin bhaybhit main, Kartavya path par jo bhi mile, Yeh bhi sahi woh bhi sahi” (I am not afraid of defeat and victory, whatever comes my way of duty, I will accept it, because this is true and that is true).

Har nahi manunga, rar nahi thanunga, Kal ke kapal par likhta, mitata hun, Geet naya gata hun, geet naya gata hun.

He was a stateman, a poltician with a real big heart. The man who made others to look up to him. I don't know why I am writing all this today.

I wish somebody get more insights from Atalji on being committed to life and motivated to many without surrendering to somebody. Probably, our jurnodom has failed to extract that aspect fully from Atalji's life.

1 comment:

  1. Well written on Atalji. In fact, even I have lot of respect for him coz' he kept himself clean even though he was surrounded by vultures. I have always enjoyed his poems. I will buy it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...