Friday, April 22, 2011

All for the Cup

Incidentally, I have seen only three matches in the run up to this World Cup. Against Australia, Pakistan and finally the sher, Sinhalis. Beilieve me, I could not stop my eyes rolling down a few drops. What I liked the most was Dhoni proved himself at the right moment, and more so by not sticking onto the cup for a historic photoshoot on the stadium itself. It was a national relief after a national disaster a la a series of scams making the headlines. And no matter if I bunked three half-days in office for that common cause of Youngistan.

I could well recall how I had almost sacrifised my +2 career for a World Cup in '96. I started watching the match the day Sachin entered the arena of cricket in Karachi. Then I used to emulate Azhar's fielding style, but would love watching Sachin and reading every newspaper piece on his cricketing acumen. I had even memorised one such brilliant piece published in TOI in case I had to write on any person close to my heart on any competition__a typically smart childhood syndrome!!

Now as a the madness comes to its climax, will Poonam Pandey, the one who had declared in broad-daylight to nude herself if India wins the Cup, do the needful for the Team India, as well as the cricket lovers at large?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...