Thursday, January 10, 2013

Between the Lines - II

First someone said, almost in a filmy style, that it happens only in India, and not in Bharat. But over a week or so after the Delhi gang rape incident, one can shamelessly measure the quantum of our collective duskarma which has much deeper roots in many pockets of this Bharat.

For example, Kanker, a place in the state of Chhattisgarh where I presently inhabit as part of my 30-year-license of Bharat Darshan, has got the attention of national media for all the wrong reasons. Girls in a tribal hostel being raped by warden and security staff for two long years and some local daily broke the story for the entire nation to talk.

To top it all, the state Home minister blames the rise in duskarma to some planetary positions.

Obviously, it happens only in India!!..

In a lighter vain, if there was no Delhi on that sad evening, it was a complete bore. Paypal's obsession in building a city in Mars, that to only for vegeterians, was something that offered a good read throughtout the fortnight, if I remember correctly.

To one of my favourite writers, bores may put you to sleep but they are necessary as they make our universe a safe place to inhabit. After reading his piece earlier this week, respect for bores has got such a jump in me that I would no more consider myself a bore anymore!!

So what if I could not sing a song, I could not mingle, I could not giggle, I could not love, I could not mimic. So what if I was not even considered an excellent rating in my profession.

Life is simply a distance of a few years travelled between a womb and a funeral spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...