Monday, March 30, 2009

Polls Apart

I remember the big-sized radio we still have at our home and the associated memory during the past elections when I was a kid. That was probably the only time when mine & my strict schoolteacher dad's interests would converge. Taking the liberty of that moment, I used to take the radio inside the mosquito net while going to bed at night in order to listen election results. It was a 3-4 days affair as there was no use of EVMs. Then I grew up, but in place of radio bulletin, came in Pranay Roy & team's analysis on ND TV. I would make it a point to stay put in hostel during elections as we didn't have a TV at our home. Slowly, I lost interest, but I always had a soft corner for this phenomenon called General Election. From the beginning, I could relate with the Indian politics in such a way that an expert cannot even think of. I was a fan of Biju Pattanaik as a schoolkid & Atalji as a collegegoer. Today, I am nobody's fan. Just like to be a mere viewer, all alone, on my LCD screen. No more fight to listen from radio or struggle to have a glimpse of Pranay Roy from NDTV.

1 comment:

  1. Well Radio stil is the prime media communication for rural mass and cosmopolitians ..with the span of time its only the format has changed ...earlier we have fewer media ..now there is a bombardment of infomation....

    ReplyDelete

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...