Monday, May 18, 2009

On Being Grateful

I still remember the Essays we had in our Graduation days. "On Books" by Francis Bacon and "On Holiday" http://www.wutravel.com?a_aid=e53e5a5d
by J B Pristley were mindblowing. The essays were just cream that you can apply anywhere and everywhere in your day-to-day life. You can quote them while advising your kid in 2020 or while making some public speaking at the age of sixty.
But I think they had forgot to write a few more essays which could be equally useful for the generations to come and one of them, for sure, is "On Being Grateful". Most self-healing non-fictions that I get to read of today have that particular idea to offer if not anything else.
I too feel that I should convey that feeling of being grateful (to God, to creation, to almighty, to my fellowbeings) in a more vivid manner to the periphery. I regret that I have failed to do that all these days.
When I finished my study from Utkal and was about to join HCU, one of my favourite teachers had this to offer : " Ashutosh, you are lucky enough to skip a significant phase of frustration in the lives of students of your generation." I didn't give much importance to this at that point of time.
Today, on the backdrop of global meltdown, my friends and fellows who were earlier confused on my joining a PSU, have a similar observation to share.
Over and above anything, I am happy that I maintain good health since I left for Hyderabad in 2001. My pre-2001 look (i.e. physical appearance) was probably synonimous with my ideology during that point of time. With time, I grew up to be a better-looking boy, a comprehensive person respecting other's emotions, way of thinking, but more or less aggresive.
The 15th August road accident in 2004 that I faced alone with the help of 2-3 of my mighty friends offered me an occasion to feel grateful and convey gratitude to others for the first time. Today, I love others like I love myself, I would never feel bad to say I Love You to others. Having said this, I feel I would have rediscovered myself a bit earlier to enjoy myself more.
However, I should again be humble for having gotton blessings from so many of my wellwishers, including a series of ladies, a la brides on the matrimony portals, who have helped me develop the art of enjoying their sweet nonsense!!
Today when I am sick of visiting them again, they still offer me a platform to upgrade myself further while feeling a bit smaller. Take a look:
http://www.jeevansathi.com/profile/viewprofile.php?username=suramr&FROM=CONGRATS&TYPE=SIMILAR&stype=CN&NAVIGATOR=CVS%3Asearchid__-1%40j__1%40contact__4345467%40SIM_USERNAME__UUU9104%40stype__%40%2FProfiles+similar+to+UUU9104%3B%3B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...