Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rimification

I never thought Rimi, aka Raj to the HCU community during our time, would be there the moment I log on to have my early dose of Times epaper today. In every batch you will find couple of young pretty things like her being talked about for something or the other. Raj was less talked about and more looked up to in that sense. Raj in shorts had made boys crazy visiting the basketball court to have a glimpse of her bare thighs. I shared this with Rimi, the mom, today. She had also a piece of observation that even the goddesses in the south of GOPS (Gopal Shop, the centre of intellectual and not-so-intellectual discussions on HCU) used to bear that "weird" look at her, the reasons of which were best known to them!! I love Rimi for she speaks her mind.
We tried to recall our batchmates. Someone is still going around with somebody's friend. (I don't know for how long people go around during their life span!!) Those who know her would fondly remember that she was the Phenomenon in HCU during that point of time. If I regret onething about my HCU days it would be my detachment of not exploring her at all, or for that matter anybody else at that juncture. But I shared with Rimi how I came to know more about that Phenomenon when I met with a perspective bride, who happens to be the sister-in-law of that Phenomenon, later through a matrimony site.
Rimi was little curious to know the latest gossips from me expecting, for sure, I would be the keeper of all gossips for my entire life, thanks to my natural instincts which got a signature stuff when I was with Times. Then, my colleagues used to come to my cubicle to know the latest, especially about the babes of Hyderabad Times (the Page 3 edition of TOI) , after finishing the edition. Thanks to my sources I had never failed to grab the news of the newsroom. Who among the hotties was surfing the not-so-banned sites (read adult ones in Times parlance) in the office or swapping her weekly-offs sexiplicitly, I had the previlege of knowing them all in a satellite speed.
Rimi was eager to share her experience of being a mom. I too was curious to know more about the marital discourse of a fashionable lady. There was a huge doc-fight over her going cesearian. Meanwhile, Prajas probably started crying and Rimi had no option but to catch the naughty basketball star in making!!

2 comments:

  1. From SINU, an HCU alumni....

    read your post on Raj, nice one, i must confess that i have huge crush
    on her and its going strong.. she was the one of the most beautiful girl on campus, yeah u mit ask
    about barsha panda, man barsha got jush some white skin, that doenst qualify to be beauty. Raj roopa
    is something different and very nice person from heart. no offence to barsha again to be politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received this reaction to this post from SINU, my junior in HCU days, on my gmail. May be, he hesitates to post it directly, that's why I do it on his behalf:

    read your post on Raj, nice one, i must confess that i have huge crush
    on her and its going strong.. she was the one of the most beautiful girl on campus, yeah u mit ask
    about barsha panda, man barsha got jush some white skin, that doenst qualify to be beauty. Raj roopa
    is something different and very nice person from heart. no offence to barsha again to be politically correct.

    ReplyDelete

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...