Saturday, August 29, 2009

KARnama

Four different organisations, three different places, in private, corporate & public sectors. Many learnings and even more experiences. If then Express editor Srimoy Kar was my first impression of a journalist divulging secrets of "eye-contact" as a necessary trait of a smart journalist, the latest in the series, again a Kar, the project head in the current profession, has many such tips to offer at the drop of a hat.

PPP : Passion, Patience & Perseverance
DNW-DTW : Do no wrong & don't tolerate (any) wrong.
SBI : Samajhdari, Bhagidari aur Imandari
If your intention is good, then the universe conspires in your favour.
Like Caesar's wife You should not only be above suspicion, you should be seen to be above suspicion....& it goes on.

But my all-time favourite, RK, whom I have looked up to many times without even knowing it, has left a significant impression. Like him, when I see a problem today I recognise it without shying away, admit it without any fear, share it without any shame, to stop it from mutating. He is the one who taught me how you should dare to call spade a spade and that's where my current profession/system sucks me.

I can't forget Monica either, my boss in D&B, Mumbai. Very few chaps can aspire to work with such a lovely lady. I quit in her absence and never cared to call her or even mail her again. When exactly I became so insensitive!! No guts, it was guilt feeling for leaving her so soon that she might not have thought (while recruiting me) in her wildest imagination.

Tail Piece : Love your profession and not the organisation, my dear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...