Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness

As a kid, I remember, all of us in the family used to go out together during puja or on special occasions. We would step out together, but after a while, my dad would be far ahead and my mom would be struggling from a distance. I used to take care to be with mom, so also my bros. I thought that happenned only in our family. But, alas, that's the symptom in most of the families, probably at that point of time.

That's the flashback for a nano-second this morning when I picked up a call from my couple of years' junior turned good friend from HCU. She happens to be the lone (lady) observer trying to set the record straight in the run up to the HCU election and has thus been going through a lot of stress. She was explaining the perspective of the majority of male students, how they were feeling "insecure" when they find somebody like her taking on everybody to restore the order. A veteran of all these things, I offered, "what sex has to do with knowledge!! Male ego should be wise enough to recognise a different perspective at least," she agreed being a girl who speaks her mind and loves doing what she does.

Like the study conducted recently by University of Vermont (http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/sunday-happiest-day-wednesdayworst-study/71773/on), I too agree that Sunday should be the happiest day for all of us. If in the morning I woke up to hear 'Li' thus adding to my satisfaction quotient, the second half I preffered to slip into the lap of nature. Satrenga, located 40 kms away, promising you forest, mountain & water, the perfect combination that can transport you close to eternity even for a short while. We clicked photographs, touched the same old rocks, got on to everything to forget our present. On return, we had garam pakoda & chai from a roadside bandi, only missing was a drop of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...