Saturday, September 12, 2009

System Sucks

Here is why I hate the system I inhabit. Because it teases me to fall in line, to do what others have been doing with a non-chalant ease and grandeour, and in the short or long run to be treated as a pseudo public servant of this nation of the Great Mahatma Gandhi.
As per practice, I took an advance of Rs 10,000 towards various expenses for conducting some event. In the end, I spent Rs 7616. This included Rs 30 towards chai & samosa from a roadside bandi for some self-proclaimed stalwarts of the Fourth Estate, albeit in a radius of 5 - 10 km. Justifiably, I could not produce any separate bill for this, but mentioned the expense in the final note for settlement of the advance. Alas, the same was not counted as company expense for lack of any bill and thus had to be recovered from this poor man's account. All my explanations to the Finance officer went in deaf ears and I had to return like a fucking asshole. I was such a asshole that I could not understand how people here submit bills that they do not really spend, spend times in enlightening themselves about various perks, do everything else than what is desired in the very high time of work, and do everything with due respect to the system!!
Just one instance this time, a tip of the iceberg, probably!!
Tail Piece : Govt should also impose austerity measure in PSUs by putting a blanket ban on use of vehicles for 'senior' executives who love to use it for everything while claiming petrol bills at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. very true my dear friend . This is the hard fact and it is really tough to be a corp comm guy in a PSU . I myself have spent 560 from my pocket some two day ago .Some local reporter came with this diwali lucky draw lottery crap and i had to oblige him. i wonder the company will never reimburse that
    i spent 60 buck because some senior management guy asked me in an event to produce a pen with no black color in it . in the middle of an event with so many guest staring at me .so i was left with no option but to rush to a local market a buy a fancy pen . how will i be reimbursed i dont know . Am I the PR guy or a stationary man .What wrong notions people have about a PRO!

    ReplyDelete

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...