Sunday, December 20, 2009

SWS (Some Watchable Stuff)

When this Tata Sky customer decided to order for the watch (San Diego - Polo Club), a sports variety costing only Rs 499 instead of Rs 3800 as a complimentary offer, there was a tickle in the belley.

Today, as I open the courier I cherish it and have it tied to my wrist throughout the day. For the uninitiated, I am wearing a watch after a gap of more than ten years. Then I was in my graduation days when I lost it to some fellow mischief-mongers only to end up taking a vow not to wear it till I am able to do so on my own. Despite provocation, I didn't want to bleed my school-teacher dad's pocket anymore.

While flaunting the Polo Club on my right hand today, I so dearly miss the moment when I bought the erstwhile HMT Surya from the most well-known shop in my hometown. Post matriculation, my dad took me to the same shop where he bought one for my elder bro four years back to mark his entry into college. From morning till late-afternoon, I tried every watch available there and purchased one with utter confusion. Next day, again both of us travelled 25 kms to replace that with a similar one to my elder bro's with a variation of around Rs 200 extra, thanks to HMT Surya. I still remember the golden colour watch having the dark brown leather strap. My bro had used it to such an extent that it had developed some black spots in it when I presented a new watch to him which had been presented to me by one of my close buddies of Turning Point Era in the city of Nizams.

For this buddy, it was a token of love to cherish the days when we together had struggled under an asbestos roof in Secunderabad. Here my friend Kashinath got a passport to live his life in BARC, Mumbai with his wife in the most desirable form.

xxxx

It was a treat to watch Katrina Kaif during my initial days of reporting. I was still a student in HCU. In stead of sitting somewhere among the galaxy of Talk of the Town, I preferred to stand near the camera where models display some exclusive stuff to mark their entry into the world of glamour with elan. I remember the dark red coloured sex siren showing her tits to the appalause of the audience. Her walk had the authority and her full-moon twin assets had the audacity to make you feel like a loser of some different planet. I was trying hard to negotiate with my eye-balls. And Katrina Kaif was already there for the fortunate lot.

XXXX

It was great to visit the world of chinkis this diwali. Assam has always been one of my favourite places since I learned to at least listen to my desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...