Friday, February 12, 2010

Outburst of the Faithful

It is Shivaratri and I don't feel like going to temple. As a schoolkid, I remember, I used to fight with my mom for keeping me hungry till I offer "pushpanjali" on Saraswati and Ganesh puja. Earlier, it was the "rebel" in me. Today, it is rather an impulse not to portray other than what I am. I don't know why I increasingly believe that we should be true to ourselves in every sphere our lives. I don't like the public display of our religious allegiance like we all love to hate the public display of somebody's affection. For me, each of us share a special relationship with the Heavenly Power and that's why I would love to pray alone. I love doing that from my bed like I love to weep alone. I still remember the eassay by Leo Tolstoy when I was in Class VIII.

The otherday, somebody was seeking some financial assistance for some religious programme. I found a right occasion to speak my mind. To his thinking of replacing the corrupted elements through this religious programme, I offered the teaser written in front of my school gate, "Work is Worship", and then what I have learned from years of my education : "Love your fellow-being". Then I invited him for a passionate discussion at my office next day and the man was missing.

xxxx

I also agree with the fact that there are two ways of education; one is education for job and the other is education for life. We all forget the latter and adopt the earlier. Our upbringing has a lot to blame. And we reach a stage when we act to seek devine solace from self-help books written by every Tom, Dick and Harry.

And I HATE FASHION. Not blindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...