Thursday, June 4, 2009

Being Lalan Prasad

In my last couple of years of professional life I have seen two completely different leaders, quite in sync with the sectors they represent. If RK, my former boss in Times of India, had been an aura for many in the Hyderabad media at that point of time, the recent boss in my current organisation Mr Lalan Prasad represents the quint-essential general manager of a Public Sector Undertaking in India today. Unlike RK, Lalan is a metaphor for all-time silence who believes that silence has much more eloquence than speech in any sphere of our lives. I always hold RK with high esteem even before I knew him. Today, after spending a considerable time in a PSU, I have so much of regards for Shri Prasad. Just observe Prasad keenly, nobody can imagine he is a Bihari by birth. With Biharis and Indians being harrassed in Mumbai and Melbourne, Prasad can be a poster boy of mutual trust and peaceful coexistence. Prasad, to me, offers a huge opportunity to further streamline my way of life. If one thing I have learned from Prasad, it is the Art of Listening to your fellow-being. For me, no IIM syllabi can offer what Prasad reflects to this silent fan. For this non-MBA communicator, the best remedy for any managerial issues in an organisation is to be dealt in that context and not through jargons on the Power Point. Prasad indeed believes in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone to Cry...

People die, people cry. One dies making others cry. Sometimes ayes, sometimes nay. xxx If one of them dies, Having nobody to cry... xxx  Let...